[PSUBS-MAILIST] (no subject)

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Mar 7 21:48:43 EST 2020

Hi Brian,
3hp is 2,200W, so 500W with no load seems excessively high.
Just measured mine & it's .9Amps (900mAh) for a 1500W compensated motor running in a 5cst silicone oil. Running off 48V also. So under 49W.
I think you have a large prop on your motors. I just saw your gearing ratio, but the
loss shouldn't be that much.
I would test them individually in case one is at fault.
Cheers Alan