[PSUBS-MAILIST] prop guards

Thu Jun 18 08:46:54 EDT 2020

I'd be a bit concerned about propellor efficiency given the disturbance to the upstream water flow, but I guess if I were to fabricate something without going to the effort of profiling an actual foil section, perhaps a length of pipe as the duct with three flat bar supports, and some sort of welded wire mesh or expanded metal grate formed over the upstream side - as open a mesh as I could accept. I'd also be a bit concerned about fouling the screen, and if you did happen to suck something in, it will be that much more difficult to clear it again. Double edged sword?

Sean

Sent from ProtonMail mobile