[PSUBS-MAILIST] SeaQuestor wing lights.

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jun 2 08:24:14 EDT 2020

 David, what is the plan for expansion and contraction of the oil from temperature changes? It would be nice if they can be sealed.  If you are planning to machine an end cap to fit the interior of the acrylic tube, be ware the thickness is not consistent.  The inconsistency is in the interior surface of the tube.  Hank    On Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 2:09:30 AM MDT, David Colombo via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Hi all, I now have the pair of led lights for the wings on the SeaQuestor. I deconstructed one to determine if I could control the spots from the floods. Turns out the main board is one giant circuit board glued to the aluminium housing. The refectors are plastic with a mirror coating. The exterior lense is just a cheap polycarbonate sheet that scratches really easily, and is held in place by 28 screws. But the entire surround is anodized aluminum. Good news is the main power wires can be easily removed and replaced with a core wire encased in rubber. So i plan on using the subconn connector and plug combo. Tomorrow I will be ordering an acrylic tube as the enclosure with solid acrylic end caps.  The main question is what oil to use. I plan on putting each unit in a vaccume to draw out all of the air before sealing the unit with a plug. Any recommendations? David_______________________________________________
Personal_Submersibles mailing list
Personal_Submersibles at psubs.org