[PSUBS-MAILIST] SeaQuestor wing lights.

David Colombo via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jun 2 04:08:53 EDT 2020

Hi all, I now have the pair of led lights for the wings on the SeaQuestor.
I deconstructed one to determine if I could control the spots from the
floods. Turns out the main board is one giant circuit board glued to the
aluminium housing. The refectors are plastic with a mirror coating. The
exterior lense is just a cheap polycarbonate sheet that scratches really
easily, and is held in place by 28 screws. But the entire surround is
anodized aluminum. Good news is the main power wires can be easily removed
and replaced with a core wire encased in rubber. So i plan on using the
subconn connector and plug combo. Tomorrow I will be ordering an acrylic
tube as the enclosure with solid acrylic end caps.  The main question is
what oil to use. I plan on putting each unit in a vaccume to draw out all
of the air before sealing the unit with a plug. Any recommendations?
David