[PSUBS-MAILIST] All done for now

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Jul 25 13:49:55 EDT 2020

 Sean, thank you, you have a very good eye.  A gusset is a good idea-I was just lazy and figured the tube its welded to is pretty heavy duty.The chassis is jettisoning and is operated by rotating a through hull shaft.  Given the limited space and the fact that the mechanism is behind the seat-there is a permanent 1\2 inch drive ratchet connected to the rotating release.  The sub will loose about 500 lbs, but it could be more.  I have to put it back in the pool to re-load weight.  I am worried the sub will come up inverted when the chassis is dropped.  The good thing is, if I impact with the Landing Craft from dropping the chassis , it will hit the bottom of the sphere not the acrylic cylinder.Hank