[PSUBS-MAILIST] Backup CO2 Meter

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jul 16 21:59:59 EDT 2020

Hi Hank,

Nope, no CO2 meter because we all have one of those built in! And yes Keith, OP valve should save the viewports, but the altimeter is way more sensitive so gives earlier warning. One of the problems with blowing out viewports is you don’t really know at what pressure that would occur, since all the calculations are for external pressure. I’ve got a big dome up front, and just a fraction of a psi translates to pretty considerable forces over an area like that.

Best,

Alec