[PSUBS-MAILIST] Prop guard

T Novak via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jul 7 19:28:04 EDT 2020

Good points, Ian.

The type of plastic is really important. We have found that acetone works really well in bonding printed layers, resulting in a much stronger printed structure.  They may be doing this, or we could do it ourselves upon receipt.  The very slow speeds that we cruise at may mean that this unit will be of sufficient strength for our purposes.  Personally, I think that the price just seems too low to be confident on its value.  But, it's probably better than no prop guard at all.

Tim