[PSUBS-MAILIST] new video

Ian Juby via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Jan 27 20:31:41 EST 2020

NOICE! You should be proud, that's impressive and inspirational. Thanks for
sharing.
For the record, I do have the math skills for buoyancy. And every single
ROV I tested and tried to pre-balance it before a test dive. I don't think
I ever got it right once. It was always too light. Came back to the science
camp after the test dive with one and one of the counselors asked how it
went. I told him "Oh, it wasn't heavy enough to sink." He laughed and said
"I'll be if you built a boat, it wouldn't float!" Four months later my
pontoon boat I built to launch the 300 pound ROV from, sunk in a storm.  lol
The big naval submarine construction ports have an entire team of people
with a boat load of computers whose sole job it is to weigh every single
bolt, piece of equipment, even the volume of the welds, to get the
buoyancy right. So I'm with you when you say the best way is to stick it in
the water and add the weight till you get it right.  :D

Ian

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 8:08 PM hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <