[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw: O2 cleaning

Tue Jan 14 07:07:07 EST 2020

Hi Sean
You said here.
"Finally, if you're assembling any tapered thread connections (NPT), use a
PTFE or other thread sealant suitable for oxygen systems".

You got me slightly worried now.  I used ptfe tape on two BSPT joints I
have on my O2 system.  I was careful to keep the ptfe tape only on the
tread, but still.  It was just ordinary ptfe tape.  They are downstream of
an outside mounted O2 clean regulator set to relieve at 14bar max, so its
only low pressure in the pipe.

Do you think i need to re seal them with something else?

Thanks
James

On Tue, 14 Jan 2020 at 02:50, Sean T. Stevenson via Personal_Submersibles <