[PSUBS-MAILIST] Scuba Tank Purchase Questions

David Colombo via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Feb 20 20:26:27 EST 2020

Hi Steve, I am using 3 alum 80's with standard yoke on the SeaQuestor.
Spare orings always available. I chose this over din, just for or the fact
that more tanks are sold with the standard yoke, and in the event i need
quick replacement tanks, i dont need to look for din valve tanks. The oring
issue we had on the gamma,  i believe was caused by an improper seating of
the whip to the yoke when the tank was replaced prior to the dive. It was
only discovered after we were on statation and turning on the air that it
became an exciting moment. In my predive checklist, all tank yokes are to
be checked by the same person after an oring inspection. And off course
spare orings on board the sub and support vessel.
David

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020, 7:54 AM Steve McQueen via Personal_Submersibles <