[PSUBS-MAILIST] Scuba Tank Purchase Questions

T Novak via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Feb 20 15:56:26 EST 2020

Oop, just had lunch with my wonderful wife and she reminded me that during the tank change over during a boat dive in the Bahamas two weeks ago the O-ring on her tank failed on pressure-up.  The dive boat had plenty of tanks available to switch out so no problem. I subsequently removed the O-ring and noted that it had a slight tear but was not otherwise broken. The dive boat operator probably just replaces O-rings when necessary. So that's now one personal O-ring failure, two sub op O-ring failures, and one recreational dive boat O-ring failure. Not a lot, really.

Tim