[PSUBS-MAILIST] Scuba Tank Purchase Questions

Steve McQueen via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Feb 20 10:53:50 EST 2020

All, getting ready to buy 2 scuba tanks for my K250. Just wanted to see if
anyone had an opinion of my thoughts?

1) Choosing steel vs. aluminum (prefer its weight/buoyancy characteristics)
2) While I was wanting as much air volume as possible I decided against a
HP version as I have heard most places won't (can't?) fill to that capacity
anyway
3) Deciding on standard pressure steel 80s with K-valve (yoke fitting)

I've been watching for a while (including Black Friday) but it seems there
isn't much mark up and these tanks don't appear to go on sale.

Thanks,
Steve