[PSUBS-MAILIST] Aluminum thru hulls

k6fee via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Dec 31 20:49:45 EST 2020

Be sure to use marine grade aluminum or it will dissolve like a zinc anode.
Marine aluminium doesn't corrode in salt water.
Keith T
-------- Original message --------From: Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> Date: 12/31/20  5:42 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: PSubs <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Aluminum thru hulls
Hi All,  Happy New Year !              Can anyone tell me why I can't make all of my different thru hulls out of aluminum ?   Fittings that will be potted and so forth for electrical .
Thanks,
Brian