[PSUBS-MAILIST] Magnacom SW-1000-sc Battery

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Dec 18 20:34:48 EST 2020

 David, the electronics may be a low voltage protection circuit, or a low high voltage protection circuit so you don't overcharge the batteries. As Sean says, if you replace with lithium you have to match the battery voltage. Lithium Iron batteries have a nominal voltage of 3.7 but can be charged to 4.2, & discharged to a minimum of 3V. So that gives 2 options, a 3 cel or 4 cel configuration. So 4 cel would be just above 16.6V and could be used down  to 12V (very minimum) or 3 cel 12.6V & 9V minimum. Alan