[PSUBS-MAILIST] OTS Magncom sw-1000

David Colombo via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Dec 15 03:08:04 EST 2020

Ok guys my pair of units arrived today. This military grade unit is
supposed to be able to transmit 70w 3000ft on channel A 25hz. The
transducer on this these are twice the size of the sb units. Also the
battery pack is a li battery pack of 10 batteries, 12v at 2.2Ah. I
contacted the mfg, only to discover that they were custom built for OTS and
can be purchased only from them if you are military.  Tomorrow I plan on
tearing down the battery as it appears to have a BMS under the shrink wrap.
The other interesting thing is you can connect two diver units together and
they can talk to each other which opens some doors for an external comms
port in the event of an emergency communication with sub and diver unit.
Looks like I might be going to the lake to see if these things are true
since I just bought them as parts.
David