[PSUBS-MAILIST] Life Support Alarms

Sun Dec 13 13:33:43 EST 2020

One final thought regarding the carbon dioxide measurement: by all means, try to bring it down as close to zero as is possible during a dive, but remember that atmospheric air has ~414 ppm CO2 in it, so it might be worth linking your scrubber fan circuit to a hatch interlock, (or setting a low cutoff value) so that you don't needlessly run the scrubber fan while the hatch is open on the surface chasing a CO2 target that you can't achieve.

I would also be inclined to set both warning and alarm limits for all parameters, the alarms being the permitted minimums / maximums, and the warnings being an early indication to draw your attention to a parameter approaching an alarm limit while still providing sufficient time to take corrective action.

Sean