[PSUBS-MAILIST] strain relief

Rick Patton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Dec 1 12:33:05 EST 2020

Hank

No, cost wasn't the factor, it was that I can't find a vendor who makes the
fitting in the 1/4" NPT size ss fitting that I had machined and welded into
the front dome years ago. 3/8" is the smallest that vendors go down to. All
my fittings that accept a strain relief fitting except the two in the front
are 1/2". I'll have to go back threw the prints to see where I would of
gotten the 1/4" from as I know I wouldn't of just pulled it out of the air.
My preference now would be a blue globe fitting as they can take much more
pressure but they are made by a German company and only offered in Metric
and all my existing threw hulls are a standard NPT thread.
Rick

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 12:05 AM hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <