[PSUBS-MAILIST] sub test

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Aug 14 18:08:49 EDT 2020

 Brian, good going!Hank
    On Friday, August 14, 2020, 2:42:31 PM MDT, Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Hi All,                  Just got finished with yet another sub test down at the harbor.  Wow !  went extremely well !   This time I felt confident enough to put it in at the launch ramp,  sub very level upon floating it off the trailer.  I had this giant flotation buoy on the front since I wasn't quite sure what to expect !  ( I've been surprised before)  .  Everything seemed fine so I untied the big buoy and let the sub sit naturally.  It sat very level and nice!   Submerged nicely and by the time all the air was expelled I was down.   The first initial test was with the big buoy on the front , then untied the buoy and tried again .  I had a bit of a list going down that got me a bit spooked so I came back up.  But things are looking really good .  I probably could have transitioned through that list and gone down all the way but decided to come back up.  What I want to do is add a bit more ballast lead and then try again.  It's amazing what chopping off 6 feet off the front of your sub will do !!
Sorry no video but I do have a few stills that I will try to get up.  But all in all things are finally looking really good.

Brian