[PSUBS-MAILIST] fiberglass shell

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Aug 12 21:55:58 EDT 2020

Brian,
what about sand! There are people that make some pretty sophisticated
sand sculptures. As an artist I developed a technique for taking sand patterns off
the beach. I would have a very diluted pva glue in a bottle with just a manual
spray mechanism. ( the type you might find in your kitchen) I would wet the sand with
a fine mist so as not to disturb the surface, give it several hours to dry, &
repeat the process several times. I would then remove the pattern from the surrounding
sand & back it with fibreglass ( in situ on the beach) then take it home.
If you googled on sand sculpture you could make the form & then use my technique
to solidify it.
Alan