[PSUBS-MAILIST] fiberglass shell

David Colombo via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Aug 12 17:48:45 EDT 2020

Brian, four ft dia is a big cone. My suggestion would be to cut a plug out
of styrofoam with a hot wire. Once rough sanded, skim coat with drywall mud
and finish sand. Seal with Famwood Glaze Coat epoxy. Coat with a mold
release agent and then layup a few layers of fiberglass to create the mold,
then pull your part from the mold as usual. Should require minimal  finish
work when complete. I will be doing this method in the next couple of weeks
on a number of parts on the SeaQuestor.
<https://www.google.com/shopping/product/2218908236661412942?client=firefox-b-1-d&biw=1536&bih=732&sxsrf=ALeKk00jVHGImFc7d1zoPp9a7X5UYH7agg:1597268543519&q=home+depot+epoxy&oq=home+depot+epoxy&gs_lcp=Cgtwcm9kdWN0cy1jYxADMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADoECCMQJzoECAAQGDoGCAAQCBAeUO7iAVjz7gFg2PQBaABwAHgAgAFOiAGTA5IBATaYAQCgAQGqAQ9wcm9kdWN0cy1jYy13aXrAAQE&sclient=products-cc&uact=5&prds=epd:12209065553474892030,prmr:1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiHr9SQ0ZbrAhWRsJ4KHRbcBhcQ2CkI5gU>
Best Regards,
David Colombo

804 College Ave
Santa Rosa, CA. 95404
(707) 536-1424
www.SeaQuestor.com

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 7:08 AM Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles <