[PSUBS-MAILIST] fiberglass shell

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Aug 12 02:49:37 EDT 2020

Brian,
sorry, I read too fast & missed the bit about the hole in the ground.
You've been watching too many of Hank's videos lol.
Is it a symmetrical shape that can be turned in any way?
If you are filling it with syntactic foam you could shape that & fibreglass over
the top.
Karl Stanley has used car bodies as molds, perhaps you could find something
pre made you could mold over. I have used big blocks of polystyrene like
David is doing. I also used a large exercise ball to make a sphere. I think the way
you are proposing will be difficult. You would need a lot of plaster as you would
need it thick to be able to sand or work it without breaking it. Might not be as cheap
as you think. It would be really difficult to get a good finish. One of those jobs
where you get half way through and say "Why the hell did I start this".
Cheers Alan