[PSUBS-MAILIST] fiberglass shell

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Aug 12 00:24:28 EDT 2020

Hi Brian,
I am hearing alarm bells. The plaster of Paris will have to be pretty dry & any
resin from your fibreglassing would suck in to it unless you gave it several coats
of shellac first then put on a mould release wax. This is from memory from a long
time ago. Also I have vague memories of coating polystyrene with pva glue which
doesn't dissolve the polystyrene, & fibreglassing on to that.
Will take a big block of polystyrene.
Alan