[PSUBS-MAILIST] Life boats

k6fee via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Aug 8 19:08:57 EDT 2020

Fiberglass can/ does absorb water. Creates osmotic blisters on many a sailboat hull ( google it).
Where are they located?
Keith T
-------- Original message --------From: Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> Date: 8/8/20  2:36 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: Personal Submersibles General Discussion <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Life boats
They are lifeboats for the oil platforms, they are 20 yrs old so they are replacing them. ( one is pic is new one)   Apparently it will cost a lot to demo them . Cheaper to give them away I guess.   But my friend is exploring what to do with them,  whoever would take them would have to sign off on any liability issues.    He says the fiberglass has absorbed some water over the years.   ( I didn't think fiberglass would do that )   So apparently they are a bit heavier than they used to be.  Doesn't seem like it could be that big a deal but I don't know.  I haven't actually seen them up close.
Brian