[PSUBS-MAILIST] GRP hatch

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Apr 28 11:28:07 EDT 2020

Hank,

I'm only aware of a couple of subs with composite hulls, and the thing is I
understand them to be not hand laid but constructed by the
computer-controlled spinning of a single strand on a big megabucks machine.
And even then, I'heard they discovered voids when cutting the hull open.

The trick might be just to concentrate on emptying those MBT really fast by
using bigger valves or more of them. That, or an MBT design that reduces
the free surface area during diving, or which divides the surface areas
into smaller ones via internal MBT bulkheads. I'm guessing you have
something like that in mind?

Thanks,
Alec

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 10:13 AM hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <