[PSUBS-MAILIST] Altimeter / barometer/ inclinometer

T Novak via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Apr 22 15:45:38 EDT 2020

David,

As Hank mentions it is probably not relevant what units your altimeter displays, psi or feet above/below sea level. Unlike water depth, atmospheric pressure is not linear.  The ICAO standard atmosphere has sea level pressure as 14.7psi and 10.2psi at 10,000 feet asl. The altitude displayed on your gauge should provide a reasonably precise indication of cabin pressure change.  I hope that your conversion requirement does not slow down your installation and operation plans.

Tim