[PSUBS-MAILIST] buoyancy

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Apr 15 16:24:03 EDT 2020

 Rick, my feeling is heat will make it worse.  I would try it with sand and no heat.Hank
    On Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 1:54:11 PM MDT, Rick Patton via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Thanks for the offer Alec and I may just do that if the sand thing doesn't pan out! Heat bending aluminum tube or pipe is an art and easy to screw up if you haven't done much of it as there are no tell tale signs unlike stainless or steel on when it is ready to bend. tube being much less forgiving than sked 40 pipe. The reason I asked you if you used a rose bud is because it is much more efficient in heating a larger area than a regular burning tip. I'll try and document this if it turns out and share it with you guys. Rick