[PSUBS-MAILIST] Lithium Batteries

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Apr 9 19:10:52 EDT 2020

River,
I have seen cost comparisons between lifepo4 batteries & lead acid over
their life time as energy storage batteries in solar / wind generation systems,
& the lifepo4 batteries came out on top.
In a previous post I made the left field suggestion that a submarine could
be  used as part of a house hold solar power system. To me this makes sense
as batteries are usually the biggest cost in an off grid system & don't get a lot
of use in a submarine! Great excuse to justify a bank of lithium batteries.
Alan