[PSUBS-MAILIST] Cave Dive

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Apr 4 21:44:43 EDT 2020

Thanks Keith,
I believe we were both at Simon Mitchell's talk on diving the Niagra, years ago.
He was the doctor I referred to that was part of this team.
Shanee's suggested was to use ROVs but I think that would be impossible as although the depth was 250M, the length was over 600 meters with lots of entanglements.
Perhaps an AUV with range finding & a good program could get a bit further.
You could get the AUV in to the point the divers went to using their dive
profile & some collision avoidance.
BTW it was a 76 year old caver Peter Crossley, that asked me about my sub
going in their. Peter originally mapped the Abbey rd caves along with myriads
of others.
Alan