[PSUBS-MAILIST] Underwater Navigation

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Sep 1 14:28:13 EDT 2019

 David, I wish that I had had the Navonics program loaded on my phone at the Flathead Expedition.  It would have been very helpful for documenting the dives and also to follow Sean Stevenson's direction who was SOC for the R300.  What happened several times is that he would position the tender over a dive site and give me a heading and a description of the topography.  On several occasions I ended up missing the feature they were directing me to.  If I would have had the application on my phone and used it like you did with Hanks dives, I think it would have made it easier to follow directions as we would be looking at the same topography map of the dive site.
I have since downloaded the app and will use it for my next dive.
Cliff