[PSUBS-MAILIST] annealing fixture

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Oct 16 07:15:37 EDT 2019

Hi All,I am trying to determine the best way to support my new dome when I anneal it.  I am concerned it will deform because when I did the first heat treatment required prior to machining, the block bent.  I deliberately  supported the 4 inch thick block at each corner to see how it would react.  The bent block is not a problem, in fact it helps me.  I need some guidance with this so I don't ruin 50 hours of machining.If I can't find the information, I plan to test different ideas with old ports the same thickness in the oven.Hank