[PSUBS-MAILIST] new dome progress

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Oct 15 07:35:17 EDT 2019

 Alan,Wes that is the start of a shoulder to grab it, good eye.  Once the opposite side of the dome is machined I can not grab it in the jaws as you suggest.   I have made an attachment that replaces my live centre, I guess its still kind of a live centre.  It is a bearing assembly that pushes against the dome so it is sandwiched in place.  That will hold it to machine the conical seat.  I have done this in the past with a live centre but the bearings don't hold up long, so I built one with a large bearing.  I had to come up with a step by step plan because if I machine in the wrong order I can get trapped with no way to hold it.  I need a vacuum chuck!Hank