[PSUBS-MAILIST] flotation foam

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Oct 12 18:03:43 EDT 2019

Hi Brian,

David Colombo and I recently did just that - General Plastics have an order
minimum and we made a joint purchase. We also learned a bit about their
pricing and methods. They do not keep this material in stock, they make it
to order. It seems they have two tanks, measuring 18x100 and 24x100. They
pour the stuff in to the thickness you need. However, if the other two
dimensions are less than 18x100 or 24x100, they cut away the excess *but
still charge you for it*. Lets say you ordered a piece that was 12x100x6.
They would fill their 18x100 tub 6 inches, and cut the 18" dimension down
to your 12", but the amount you pay would be exactly the same as if you had
ordered a piece 18x100x12.

I would need to do some design math before deciding. It's the R-3315 I'd be
interested in. I'd suggest we work out any further details offline so as
not to bore everyone with the specifics...

Best,
Alec

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 4:19 PM Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles <