[PSUBS-MAILIST] CO2 absorbent test

TOM WHENT via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Oct 10 20:57:17 EDT 2019

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
With the scuba rebreather that I use,  the radial flow design scrubber seems to be superior to the axial flow. The bed depth and breakthrough seem to be more controlled.

I would think a psub scrubber would be much more tolerant since it is only operating at one atmosphere absolute pressure.

On an ambient system every atmosphere of pressure multiplies the partial pressure of CO2 in such a way that even a small amount of breakthrough that would go unnoticed at sea level pressure, can have fatal consequences at depth.

Get Outlook for Android

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 8:39 PM -0400, "Brian Hughes via Personal_Submersibles" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

I designed my personal scrubber to use the disposable canisters that fit anesthesia machines. They're clear so I can observe the color change. An anesthesiologist friend helped me in the design. Some of the inspiration came from a Biopak 45 I had modified for
 diving as a rebreather. I have a larger one for when carrying a passenger.

Brian

Get Outlook for Android