[PSUBS-MAILIST] New dome

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Nov 3 15:50:01 EST 2019

Sean. If you can put your face against a window comfortably as in a CT then I would say 6 inch minimum but 8 inch would be ideal. I can’t see bigger being better in a CT.  When I had the 6 inch conical port in E3000 I could see very well, but being in a sphere it was very uncomfortable. With 12 inch ID it is much better but mostly comfortable.  In a cylinder sub then I think a big dome 34 inches is perfect.
The biggest factor is cost. It seems the better the view the bigger the budget
I am pretty sure E3000 will get a much bigger dome next winter
Hank

Sent from my iPhone