[PSUBS-MAILIST] idea

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon May 20 16:44:10 EDT 2019

Hi Hank,
you may be able to copy a pedal rubbish bin, but put the mechanism
on the outside. Put a lever extension bar on the hinged lid with a rod running
down to a gripping mechanism. Or simpler still, have the extension bar from
the lid & a bracket on the bin just below it that you can squeeze the extension
bar to, & use a spring or just the weight of the lit to close.
Divers catch bags have a spring loaded mechanism so that when you
squeeze the handles together the bag opens. You may be able to copy that!
Alan