[PSUBS-MAILIST] onboard gear

MerlinSub@t-online.de via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed May 1 16:26:31 EDT 2019

Brian we replace the hole back scirt with a 3-4 mm thick neopren one.
With a fabric layer on both sides of the neopren. Was done by a local diver
suit maker.
With a big stamp on the bill "For museums purpose only"
Replacement comes without the neck hole, we did this later by ourself to
find the right sizes of the hole.

At the time I bring it to the shop the owner tell me "I will not fix it -
you can die in this old units".
I response to him we will definitley die without it - changes his mind.

I spent around 50 USD per unit for material and labour cost.

We replace also the LP adapter of the unit from the miltary one to a scuba
diver LP connector.

The window is also something which age. But we let it in.

I have not check our units since some years - good reminder here - will do
so the next days.
And may take some pictures.

As attachment 16 years ol picture with a BCD as own first experiments -
before I catch the Hoods.

vbr Carsten

-----Original-Nachricht-----