[PSUBS-MAILIST] Foam preperation

Fri Jun 28 10:53:18 EDT 2019

I recently obtained a quote on some machined syntactic components, because I needed to make a custom float assembly in which to embed a ring magnet in order to operate a level sensing instrument inside a corrosive fluid tank subject to 15,000 psi pressure. Granted, the parts were small, but I was still surprised that the cost was reasonable. Perhaps basic blocks wouldn't be too out of reach - particularly at the densities required at PSub depths? Depends how much you need obviously, but it might be worth an inquiry.

Engineered Syntactic Systems:

https://esyntactic.com/products-solutions/syntactic-buoyancy-materials/

Sean