[PSUBS-MAILIST] Hull Painting - more info

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jun 25 18:39:21 EDT 2019

 Excellent, thanks Brian.  I will memorialize this on the website so we have it for future reference.

    On Tuesday, June 25, 2019, 05:55:14 PM EDT, Brian Hughes via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

  From my local contact:

"Hi Brian,

Surface preparation per technical data sheet:

Because this is an immersion service substrate, the surface should be removed of all existing coatings to ensure proper adhesion and durability.

SSPC-SP10 / NACE 2 Near-White Blast Cleaning (see attached).

When viewed without magnification shall be free of all visible oil, grease, dust, dirt, mill scale, rust, coating, oxides, corrosion products and other foreign matter of at least 95% of each unit area. Unit area shall be approximately 3 in. x 3 in. (9 sq. in.).

Blast profile should be 1.5-2 mil.

Macropoxy 646 Fast Cure Mill White is the recommended primer (See attached).

The mix ratio is 1:1; a two gallon kit should cover 380 sq ft @ 6 mils dry film thickness (recommended for sufficient corrosion protection). The product has a sweat-in time of 30 minutes (wait time after mixing part a and part b together) with a pot life of 4 hours. It can be rolled or brushed, but spray application is favorable (see recommended application info on pump, pressure, hose and tip size, and reduction). Please apply under favorable temperature and humidity conditions.

Do not mix catalyzed material with new.

Sherloxane 800 Safety Yellow Topcoat (see attached):

The mix ration is 4:1; a one gallon kit should cover 240 sq ft/gal @ 6 mils DFT. There is no sweat in time and the pot life is 4 hours. It can be rolled or brushed, but spray application is favorable, to achieve recommended dry film thickness in one coat. (see recommended application info on pump, pressure, hose and tip size). Please apply under favorable temperature and humidity conditions. Do not mix catalyzed material with new.

Please consider accessory items you may need for surface prep, mixing, reducing, application and cleanup, which SW can facilitate or supply for you.

A two gallon kit of Macropoxy 646 Mill White is $120.00.
A one gallon kit of Sherloxane 800 Safety Yellow is $195.00.

Our Elkridge Commercial store at 6650 Santa Barbara Rd. 21075 (410-796-3397) has the products in stock. The manager is Steve, with whom I have discussed your application. I am copying him on this email.

Please feel free to contact me if you need anything else.

Sincerely,"

New Residential Account Executive

Sherwin Williams Capital DC Area

301-674-3779