[PSUBS-MAILIST] Hull Painting

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Jun 24 14:25:13 EDT 2019

Alec Smyth...can you give us some more details on your experience with Sherwin Williams paint and your hull painting experience.
1) Do you recall which Macropoxy product you used?  There are multiple types listed on their web site.2) How much "working time" did you have with the product?3) How long before it dried to touch?  Cured?
It looks like white and black colors are the only ones they list as acceptable for "immersion" in salt water.  I can't help but wonder what the difference is between the same product in yellow or red options.
I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet since I may be limited to hand painting the 600 in my yard, uncovered.  The place I am having sandblast the sub does not paint so I either have to find some other place or do it myself.  One thing, I don't care about the finish.  I actually prefer Alec's method of hand rolling with "orange-peel" results simply because repairs of scratches and dings would blend better (I think).
Anyway....rambling here and looking for thoughts from the group.
Jon