[PSUBS-MAILIST] LED lights

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jun 16 19:45:35 EDT 2019

Jon,
I had the driver designed to run off 12-54V.
It is a buck / boost ( step up, step down) unit with constant current & constant
voltage. The one thing I don't like about it is that failure mode is on, & on at about
150W.  If the wires to the potentiometer break the lights go on full.
With a main switch on the battery input leads this won't be a problem.
The led itself runs off 36V. A lot of those high powered LEDs are 32-36V.
If you have a 36V battery bank I would use that voltage otherwise you will be
drawing 3 times the amps off 12V. Not a big deal though.
Alan