[PSUBS-MAILIST] LED lights

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jun 16 19:09:26 EDT 2019

Jon,
Will do a video tonight.
It was such a pain machining the housing on a small lathe with not a great
deal of experience, that I am not wanting to make up a lot of them myself.
I have done the hard work in prototyping them though.
Another thing I forgot to mention is that any off the shelf unit that you may
oil compensate will probably have big electrolitic capacitors in them.
You may know that these have slits in the top of them that create a weak point
so if they blow they blow out the top. I am not sure that they put these slits in
in the old days, but this makes them particularly weak under pressure.
BTW I tested my lights out to 1000psi.
Cheers Alan