[PSUBS-MAILIST] Compass Video

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jun 13 09:27:18 EDT 2019

 Alan,I have had good luck with epoxy for potting penetrators in metal fittings.  I have pressure tested well past 1,000 psi with good success.  Gamma and E3000 both have 20 pin penetrators using casting resin and were pressure tested above 1,000 psi.  Having said that, I potted my new compass sensor with epoxy and the sensor has failed possibly.   I have not investigated completely yet.  I would have concerns now about potting electronics in epoxy.  this is my first time potting electronics,   I would recommend buying electronic specific potting material and keep using casting resin or epoxy for power penetrators.Hank