[PSUBS-MAILIST] Oil expansion

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jun 5 16:01:22 EDT 2019

Brian,
the oil would expand & force air out your one way valve, then
It would contract in the cold water pulling a vacuum & help
water to migrate through your rotary shaft seal.
There are X military papers on shaft seals & oil compensators
you can download for free that go over alternatives.
As said before, an overpressure of around 5psi is standard.
Alan