[PSUBS-MAILIST] Removed Hatch Spring

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jul 9 17:43:32 EDT 2019

I removed the torsion hatch spring on the 600 today.  It wasn't allowing proper positioning of the hatch and was binding against the hatch frame preventing the hatch from "floating" on top of the conning tower.  The hatch is really too heavy to not have some kind of spring assistance; I'm looking at some extension springs as a replacement.  Sort of similar to what Cliff uses on the R-300 but my springs would be positioned vertically on the stern side of the CT.  I'd like SS 316 springs and having some trouble sourcing them so if any one knows a source, let me know please.
Jon