[PSUBS-MAILIST] Oil Comp Lessons - so far

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jul 2 21:09:21 EDT 2019

 I know that there was a big discussion on various oils in the past and somehow we concluded that MMO had no effect on wiring or gaskets.  You are correct, MMO is very low viscosity, almost like water.  I could have epoxied the wiring on the inside of the unit, but I'm not sure I can clean it sufficiently at this point to get a good bond.  I do recall Nyutco's oil comp of tubing for their electrical wires.  If I ever want to use this light I will need to take that route with it.
Jon