[PSUBS-MAILIST] Underwater Navigation - different technology

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Aug 31 16:14:44 EDT 2019

That looks promising Brian,
it incorporates a chart which was something I was going to suggest.
A lot of boat depth sounders include a chart that you plot your course on.
These would be based on an incoming GPS signal. Perhaps in my
proposition we could have a switch that switches between the depth sounders
GPS signal & the signal that is being interpreted from the buoys! This would
give us all the functionality of an inexpensive chart plotter for recording dives.
Thinking more about the transmitting buoys; they could be tethered by sending
down a weight attached to braid.
Would be a great Psub asset for upcoming scientific dives.
Alan