[PSUBS-MAILIST] (no subject)

Thu Aug 29 20:44:11 EDT 2019

You definitely don't want to block off the interior surface. (Or if you did, would need to slow down your heating and cooling ramp rates sufficiently to avoid a temperature differential from inside to outside). If time isn't an issue, there is that. Ideally you would apply and remove heat evenly all over the part, so your convection should somehow direct air across both surfaces. Constraint may not be strictly necessary with a reasonably thick dome. You just want to discourage any creep under its own weight.

Sean