[PSUBS-MAILIST] weights

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Aug 21 15:57:51 EDT 2019

 On the R300 we also carry a bathroom scale and try to measure operator at time of dive.  On touchscreen, operator enters this weight. The PLC calculates the ballast needed and adjust the longitudinal position of a 100 lb trim weight hydraulically so that when the boat is flooded , the boat will be approximately trim.  This is necessary as pilot is forward of the boat CG.  I have ballast weights that are color coded and are designed to sit at the longitudinal CG of the boat.  Data logger records the operator weight.  Predive checklist checks that ballast has been added.
Cliff