[PSUBS-MAILIST] sub test

River Dolfi via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Aug 18 18:10:27 EDT 2019

Brian,
How much additional submerged buoyancy do you have in your concrete bow? It
seems to me, that all of your buoyancy is in the pressure-hull in back, and
all the weight is in the concrete MBT's up front. Without supplemental
buoyancy in the front, and possibly lead weight in the back, the thing
should take a sphere-up attitude underwater.

What is your reserve-of-buoyancy (ROB) or displacement of your main ballast
tanks, divided by total sub displacement/air weight, expressed as a
percentage. Most submarines are in the 10-15% ROB range.

Also, are there free-flood holes in the oyster-shell looking fo'c'sle cover
over the nose? It seems to me that it could be trapping a large bubble
while submerged.

-River J. Dolfi

rdolfi7 at gmail.com