[PSUBS-MAILIST] Optical Oxygen Sensors

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Aug 8 00:01:27 EDT 2019

Hi Jon,
I was a bit bamboozled by one products description of code for data transmission
& thought it would be easier to just have a voltage or an amperage range to
deal with. I don't need the temperature & pressure data as I have other sensors
for that. The arduino uno B I have has only one tx rx option; however you prompted
me to review things & found that the arduino mega has 3 tx rx ports & so would do
for my 3 sensors. Still considering my options.
I am looking to use the arduino & raspberry pi but have been going round in circles
a bit. Was learning to program the arduino, then decided no, I need to use the
raspberry Pi, so was learning Python for programming that. Now I have found out
that the raspberry Pi doesn't have any analog pins & has a small maximum
current draw.
Is there an alternative to those two that is a bit more robust?
Alan